Thank you for presenting at the 2019 AMS Congress
Please check the Congress Program to re-confirm the day and time of your session. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- When you register at the venue you will be asked to see the AV technician in the session breaks so they can load your presentation and check there are no issues. They will also be available to answer any questions you may have about the session room and facilities. The technician will be located in the Grand Ballroom where sessions are being held and be present throughout presentations.
- Please also ensure that you have:
- Embedded any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files
- Bring your files to the conference on a USB / memory drive to give to the AV technician
- Ensure the title of your presentation on your file matches the title in the program
- Name your files with the first presenting author’s first and last name as it appears in the program: AMS.Lastname.Firstname. If the same presenter has multiple presentations in the congress, end each name with ‘1’ then ‘2’ etc. in order of when they appear in the program.
- If using PREZI please let the audio visual technician know on arrival at the venue so they don’t expect files. They may want you to provide the link before hand.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system with a 16:9 ratio widescreen set up for PowerPoint. If you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program we suggest you bring your laptop as a back up.
- Abstracts will be available on the congress Website and congress App linked from the title. The congress App will be released in the final week prior to the congress.
- Please go to your session room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet the session chairs (their names will be noted in the program) and to familiarise yourself with the room and audio visual setup.
During the Session
- Please be seated at the front of the room so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation and to participate in the panel session at the end of the session (Invited speakers only). During the panel session you will be seated with the chairs and other panel members at the table on the stage.
- The AV technicians will be in the room for the duration of the session to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time and listen for the chair’s instructions.
- Presenters have 30 minutes to present and 20 minutes has been allocated at the end of the session for panel discussion.
- Free communications presenters – please check the program for your presentation length:.
- 10-minute oral presentation with 5 minutes for questions;
- 4-minute rapid fire presentation with 2 minutes for questions
- At the end of your allocated time the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately (if necessary).
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after your allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.